When the program is launched, you are welcomed by three windows. In one of them, COMODO searched for updates, another one informed us of how the firewall had detected a new private network that our PC was about to join, and another one which is the software’s interface.
Updating takes several minutes, after which COMODO runs an automatic scan on your computer (which takes a really long time, but it’s thorough). The GUI is very eye-catching and simple to follow.
COMODO seems to have a lot of features for each main function, but they are well organized. The antivirus section lets you run or schedule a scan (a full scan, on critical areas, or a spyware scan), configure the scanner settings, view antivirus events and quarantined items, but also submit suspicious files to COMODO to be further analyzed.
The firewall lets you view events and alerts that were possibly triggered by attacks on the computer, define a new trusted or blocked application, create a set of global rules, and configure various options.
Defense + has some interesting features, such as running a program in the Sandbox (a “safe haven” for untrusted, restricted, limited or partially limited applications), adding or removing files to and from your local safe executable database, and viewing unrecognized files ( which are automatically placed in the Sandbox until further notice).
Surprisingly enough, COMODO uses very little CPU and memory resources while scanning is active. But other system applications run slower.
To sum things up, COMODO Internet Security Premium is a brilliant security application, but that’s only our opinion. You have to test it for yourself.
Here are some key features of “COMODO Internet Security Premium”:
– Default Deny Protection (DDP):
– Only known and listed PC-safe files and applications are able to access your PC.
– Prevention-based protection:
– Firewall and Antivirus combine to stop viruses and malware before they enter the PC.
– Sandbox technology:
– The sandbox is a virtual operating environment for untrusted programs – ensuring viruses and other malicious software are completely isolated from the rest of your computer.
– Personalized protection alerts:
– Firewall quickly learns the rules you set for downloading software, and adjusts its alerts accordingly to fit your needs.
– Real-time access to updated virus definitions:
– Automatic updates mean greatest possible protection possible against zero-day threats.
– One-click virus scanning:
– Make sure your PC is clean with one simple button click.
– Uncluttered, user-friendly interface:
– Quickly navigate through the various parts of Firewall protection without getting lost.
– Thorough security “wizards”:
– Preset security settings for simple point-and-click setup.
– Unique “slider” to easily change your current security level:
– Easily switch between presets to reflect your security preference at any given time.
– Exclusive access to Comodo’s “safe-list”:
– List of over two million known PC-friendly files and applications so safe files and apps are allowed to run.